Pokemon collector breaks world record

pokemon collector break world record picture

Her love of Pokemon commenced the first time she saw a picture of Pikachu, she couldn’t have known that 12 years later she would be a record breaker.

But 21-year-old Lisa Courtney, a Pokemon fan from Hertfordshire – who claims the toys helped her cope with years of taunts about her disabled arm at school – officially has the world’s largest collection.

She celebrated the Guinness World Record award and her 21st birthday in Japan, the birthplace of Pokémon. ‘I fell in love with them straight away and my collection started growing,’ said Ms Courtney, from Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire.

‘I was severely bullied at senior school, both verbally and physically. The bullying was quite bad and I was tearful most days. Coming home from school, the Pokémon really helped me through the hard times.’

She has collected more than 13,400 toys and pieces of Pokémon merchandise – including her favourite character, a plush toy of the Pokemon Absol. Ms Courtney said she was delighted to enter the Gamers Edition of the Guinness Book of World Records.

‘It has just made everything I’ve done so worthwhile – I was so proud and I’m so thrilled,’ she added.

Her name will now appear in the newest version of the Guinness World Records Gamer's Edition. She said: "To be in the new Gamer's Edition and to hold a world record for something you feel so passionate about is just an indescribable feeling."


Via - Metro

Categories: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment