Tiger Woods quits golf indefinitely to be a better husband

Tiger Woods has announced last night that he is to take “indefinite break” from professional golf, and concentrate on his family more than before.


The troubled golfer said he was taking a “hiatus” from the sport so that he could “focus ... on being a better husband, father, and person”.

In a statement on his personal website, issued late last night, Woods, 33, said "I am deeply aware of the disappointment and hurt that my infidelity has caused to so many people, most of all my wife and children. I want to say again to everyone that I am profoundly sorry and that I ask forgiveness. It may not be possible to repair the damage I’ve done but I want to do my best to try," he said.

The father of two continued: “After much soul-searching, I have decided to take an indefinite break from professional golf.”

The news came as Mr Woods won a court injunction against the British media in an attempt to prevent further intrusions into his increasingly lurid-sounding private life. Lawyers for the troubled golfer went to the High Court in London on Thursday to seek protection for their client under the Human Rights Act and UK privacy laws.





More reading at The Independent

Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment